Q: Why did SIB
A: It is the policy of SIB to resolve any dispute with any party peaceably through reasoned persuasion and amicable means. But, in this case, all other means have been exhausted without any resolution.
- the fundamental right and freedom to practise and express our faith
- the ministering of our sacraments, liturgy, worship and
- the teaching of our Scriptures.
A: On 15 August 2007, three boxes of Christian educational publications were unlawfully detained at the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) at Sepang by a customs officer.
A: The SIB
1) to quash the minister’s decision to not allow the church to import four titles in Bahasa Indonesia as well as withholding delivery of another two titles under the Printing Presses And Publications Act 1984;
2) for the return of the publications;
3) for several declaratory reliefs related to the matter.
A: The action is filed by SIB
A: SIB is the largest Christian denomination in
A: Many see no reason why Christians cannot use the word since the entire generation has grown up using Bahasa
A: We can only say the Cabinet had designated two Christian ministers to oversee issues pertaining to Christians. On 27 Dec 2007, The Sun reported that Tan Sri Bernard Dompok, the Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department, as having said: “The authorities should allow the use of Bahasa
A: Yes. In our application we are asking the court for three orders. Two of them have been overtaken by events as the ministry has since returned our consignment of the publications. This leaves only our third area of reliefs by way of declarations. It does not have to proceed if a mutual agreement can be reached.
A: A Gazette Order PU (A) 134 of 1982 allows the Alkitab to be used in churches by Christian without any restriction, even to the use of the word “Allah.”
1) Withdraw the circular letter dated 5 December 1986 so as not to affect the Gazette Order PU (A) 134 of 1982. This can be done by issuing another letter to this effect to the SIB, and/or NECF and/or CFM.
“Perkataan yang tidak boleh dipakai atau digunakan dalam semua penerbitan Kristian di Negara ini ialah: 1) Kaabah, 2) Baitullah, 3) Solat.”
9 April 2008
Source : http://www.necf.org.my